Can not fault them

Shebby's review of Emma Roy, Edinburgh

“Can not fault them”

Written on: 04/04/2012 by Shebby (1 review written)

As the total says, I can not fault them. I had arranged an appointment for Emma Roy for today as well as one other bridal store (who for the time being shall remain nameless) and it was my first ever day going and trying on any wedding dresses. From the moment I walked through the door I was greatest with a smile and the staff were all warm and friendly, especially considering how horrible the weather was outside. I was with my mother and sister and we were then greeted by Kirsty who took us all down stairs to the wedding gowns. She asked lots of questions about what ideas I had in mind when I thought of the type of dress I wanted and wanted to know a bit about the venue and myself so she would have a full picture of what would suit not only me the feel I was going for with my wedding. She picked out a few dresses for me to try based on what I'd described as well as others she thought would suit my personality. I loved almost all the ones she had picked out, even the ones I didn't think I would like on however, I feel in love with one in particular which was exactly what I had pictured in my mind and then some. Yet I don't think it is one I would have picked out for myself if I was left to pick my own. Kirsty even said herself that she always goes with what you suggest but picks one out of that specific look that you may have bypassed completely. It was the one.

I was advised I could go back into the store later that day after I had gone to my second appointment to try any of the dresses again. So I went to my second appointment and the atmosphere was completely different. The woman who helped Was lovely and helpful but you could tell that to her it seemed like a job whereas with Kirsty you could tell she enjoyed what she was doing and wanted to make you feel comfortable. I went back to Emma Roy later on to try the dress again and even though it was busy Kirsty still managed to take the time to help me out and get the dress for me to try on again. I knew as soon as I put it back on that it was the one I wanted. I am going to take a friend with me this Wednesday to see it and then have the dress ordered.

As well as being so helpful with my dress, she shared a load of knowledge and gave us great advise on styles and even colour suggestions for my sisters bridesmaid dress which I would never have even thought of. I would highly recommend going to Emma Roy as there selection of dresses were great and if all their staff are as enthusiastic and helpful as Kirsty then it's sure to be a fantastic experience for any bride to be.