Think Twice

Guest's review of Berketex Bride, Kingston

“Think Twice”

Written on: 25/07/2012

We have just bought my daughter's wedding dress from Berketex London.

I am so pleased that our dealings with this company are over!!

Apart from the first sales assistant whom we saw when we chose the dress, staff have been rude and condescending. We have had them actually undermining and arguing with us in the shop.

Once they have your money, customer service goes out of the window. I don't know how they continue to trade.

For us, they turned what should've been very exiting and happy days into a nightmare.

To begin with I couldn't believe that we had to pay 50% of the cost of the dress as a deposit. In addition they wanted an up-front payment for 3 alterations (which of course you don't get!!) Then the dress has to be paid for IN FULL months before you even get to see it. What other goods would we enter into a contract to buy with these conditions???

On our first visit, staff tried to bully my daughter into having an ivory coloured dress when she wanted white, telling her that she never tried on a white one at a wedding fair (which she had) when they didn't even ask which wedding fair she had been to!!! The manager actually told her that white would look "too stark against her complexion, not nice!!" When we held a white dress up against her we were informed "That's a different design - not the same colour white"

On our first fitting appointment, we were chastised for being 10 minutes late, which the sales assistant insisted was 20 minutes, and even asked a colleague to go and check the clock!!! On the next visit we were told that we couldn't wait in the shop for 15 minutes as we were early we were to "go and find a coffee shop and have a coffee"!!!! At none of the fittings were my other daughter and I offered so much as a seat whilst we waited around during the dressing stage.

I am amazed that Berketex think it is quite acceptable to take full payment and 6 months just to get a dress into the shop for the first viewing thus leaving only 6 weeks to have all three fittings and (paid for) alterations!! When we telephoned, we were just told, "Don't worry, everything will be fine"

Needless to say, my daughter only got one of her alterations and due to lack of time, we didn't have the opportunity to try on the dress with underwear, tiara, jewellery etc until we got the dress home on Monday. We now only have three days to organise all of this!!

Ladies, think twice about using Berketex London!!

Bridezchlo's Comment

Written on: 20/08/2012

I Agree with you this company are awful, we got our daughters wedding dress from this company, at the cost of 1-500, not cheap by any means. Their fitter made our daughter cry on her fitting date and in addition to this called her a liar about the type of underwear she had told her to bring with her to her fitting date. After complaining to customer service team, who were useless, it was agreed that they woul clean and box the wedding dress by means of compensation. Big mistake letting them do this as it wasn't cleaned properly, it was still dirty when it came back and to add insult it injury, the shop we got the dress from lost our daughters veil that she had been married in, irreplaceable item due to the sentimental value of it. We are so upset by this company.their attitude is we will replace the veil for you what more do u want. I also agree with the fact that once they have sold you the dress their interest in you rapidly declines.
Avoid this company like the plague.