Unhelpful & Snooty

JayneStan's review of Aristocrats of Chester, Cheshire

“Unhelpful and Snooty”

Written on: 01/09/2014 by JayneStan (1 review written)

My Daughter and I found Atristocrats whilst walking around Chester looking for a wedding dress. We were greeted by 'Do you have an appointment?', we said that we didn't but would we be allowed to look around. There are some lovely dresses in there and my Daughter had quickly picked out a few and was excited to try them on, but when we asked the assistant she said we had to have an appointment to try dresses on. We asked if we could make an appointment then (there was one customer in the shop, 3 or 4 changing rooms and at least 3 staff), another lady, who I presumed was the manager, made lots of tutting noises and said we might be able to get in the next day. We explained that we lived abroad, we were flying home the next morning, my daughter just wanted to try the dresses on, we didn't need a fitting because we would take the dress home and get it altered. As soon as we said this the Manageress had no interest at all, my Daughter wasn't allowed to try on any dresses without an appointment. So I would suggest to any customers going to Aristocrats it's 'By Appointment Only', don't expect well mannered or helpful staff - especially the lady in charge who should put herself on some Customer Care courses and try to smile occasionally. A very upsetting experience for me and my Daughter.