Stay away!!

MGuinan's review of Limo Broker

“Stay away!!”

Written on: 30/11/2013 by MGuinan (1 review written)

After a bad experience in the past with limo hire, I though that going through a broker would be a good idea, but it was a good way to spend £60 on buying myself 3 weeks of stress!

The booking was taken (pink limo for an hour, for my daughter's 13th birthday) and all seemed fine - I was emailed the details of a company that would be providing the limo (two and a half a weeks away) and advised to call them the day before. After my previous bad experience with limo hire I played it cautious and rang on the Tuesday before the Saturday night booking. The company said that they had refused our booking as soon as they'd received it 2 weeks before, because the broker hadn't charged enough money for what we'd requested (an hour driving around London). I said that I would be happy to pay the going rate, but by this stage they were fully booked for Saturday night.

I rang Limo Broker in a state, worrying about not getting a limo at short notice, and after a few hours of being messed about I was told that a new limo had been booked but unfortunately it wasn't pink as it was short notice. They said they'd "pop an extra bottle of bubbly in the limo" for us in apology.

I struggled to get through to the new limo company over a full 24 hour period, so rang Limo Broker again. The man was very patronising, explaining like one would to a 3-year-old that they work very hard so can't always call back. I said that I would expect a call back in a 24-hour period and in his response he called me "lovely". I asked him not to call me "lovely" and he hung up.

It turned out we had been given the wrong number for the limo company, but when we got through to them they seemed very nice and reliable. They told me they'd had our booking for 2 weeks (so the non-pink limo had NOT been booked at short notice, Limo Broker had lied), and they knew nothing about the promise of an extra bottle of bubbly - it was just an empty promise. But we had a limo, at least...

Then the day before the booking the limo company rang me to say that the whole plan was flawed, we wouldn't have time to drive round in London in a one-hour booking. I said I would pay for extra time, but they said they couldn't stay extra, the limo had another booking. Anyway, that headache got sorted out by us paying an extra £50 and cutting our time at the restaurant, but it was OK.

On the night, the limo was fabulous and the driver was lovely. It turned up bang on time, got back bang on time and the driver submitted to the kids taking a hundred photos with the car while he waited around, which was nice.

WHY go through a broker at all? And definitely don't use this one. If you need a limo I can heartily recommend TJ Limos (the first company that turned down the booking - they went beyond the call of duty to try to ensure we got sorted out with Limo Brokers) and also the company we used, Wycombe Limos, was OK, though a little hard to get through to and they did leave it till the day before our booking to flag up the timing problem, which ended up earning them extra money with no inconvenience to them and meant we got less time at the buffet restaurant, so we paid the full rate for a lot less food!