Incompetent & expensive all the way

Guest's review of OSSMedia Ltd - www.ossmedia.com

“Incompetent and expensive all the way”

Written on: 08/07/2014

I got hired by a company who had used OSS Media for web development work on an existing Wordpress CMS. I was put in charge in overseeing the development project of the site and started to assess the work that was done.

I have to say, I was appalled by the sloppy, incompetent and expensive work they provided. What is the most irritating aspect, is their lack of communication. It takes 12 or more hours to return any emails. Also, they categorically deny any wrongdoing whenever we run into malfunctioning code. Even though, based on server records they were the only ones making changes. They have shoehorned apps into the root of Wordpress when they could have used Wordpress' modular plugin system utilizing its built in hooks, filters and functions. This demonstrates they have no knowledge of the Wordpress codex at all. To call themselves Wordpress experts is blatantly false to say the least.

Beware with their "pay up front" policy. Personally, I would not have entered into a business relationship with these conditions. No US developer requires that. Also, they say they are only $18 per hour. But, they estimate two, sometimes, up to four times as many hours to complete a project than what I get from local developers for the same project. Plus, fixing all the errors from wrong coding standards, missing closing tags, typos, etc. has become this relationship even more expensive than hiring homegrown talents.

We now have to rebuild the site to make it robust and functioning again. They pretty much destroyed our code and made it impossible to maintain. I would never recommend this company to anyone. They are seriously bad apples among the developer community.