EMS Internet - www.ems-internet.co.uk Review

RosetheScose's review of EMS Internet - www.ems-internet.co.uk

“These people will charge you £199 for a 4 page...”

Written on: 28/02/2014 by RosetheScose (2 reviews written)

These people will charge you £199 for a 4 page website which is template based. Following this you will be deluged with cold calls for SEO and add ons. On one occasion a guy said he wanted to update my website by adding a CAPTCHA code and went from a sales pitch telling me he was doing me a favour. When I agreed he then asked for my debit card details and when I asked why he was about to charge me £99 plus VAT. I told him he had been misleading and I did not want to pay that and he said I had entered into a verbal contract so I could not back out. I told him to clear off and hung up the phone. A CAPTCHA apparently takes about 5 minutes to install.
They charge £99 for their service, I would advise if you are looking for web hosting you can do this yourself for about £5 a year and you can register the domain yourself in about 2 minutes. The additional aspects of the service do not make it worth £99. They offer "unlimited photos" and you are supposed to be able to change them from the control panel but I found unless you are technical enough to put them on you get charged a fee.
On 27th January they contacted me about my renew which was due on 3rd March. When I told them I would not renew they pulled my websites down immediately and only put them back up when I threatened court action. They apparently thought I wanted to cancel my account entirely rather than simply not renewing for a further year. I had paid up until April so I have no idea how they could think I wanted my site taken down! Furthermore, in order to cancel you have to put this in writing so again it does not seem to make sense.
Oh and just in case I get a response as other honest, and not EMS employees, have received I would like to state that I had to email the company a year ago asking for one of their staff not to deal with me further as she is rude and abrupt.

Ericklewooz's Response to RosetheScose's Review

Written on: 12/06/2014

this is a rogue company that have to end trading.