Been with them 3 years & 99.5% uptime only

dtnc12lee's review of eUKhost Ltd www.eukhost.com

“Been with them 3 years and 99.5% uptime only”

Written on: 23/03/2013 by dtnc12lee (1 review written)

They advertise as having 99.95% uptime, but only in something like three months over the past three years have I had 99.95% or better uptime on Windows Shared Hosting, Bronze package. I'm measuring 99.5% using two external checkers.

eUKHosts say "well switch to VPS or Dedicated Servers". Hm. False advertising, I'd say. And no refunds (not even part-refunds) and no apologies for poor availability (0.5% downtime is TEN TIMES the downtime I'm expecting).

The conversations about help tend to be very circular, too - the non-native (European ?) eUKHost chat people don't answer the questions you've asked; they answer a different question. And they also tend to give a technical throwaway and don't explain it when you ask for clarification.

I'm switching to Easily or Linux-Hosts-UK - haven't decided between them yet. See if they are any better. Easily were very helpful when I had a domain squatting problem, so maybe their hosting will be okay, too.

Was with 1&1 before, and they had poor uptime, and even worse customer service than eUKhosts, I'm afraid. Maybe they are better now ... (I still use 1&1 for Domains and Mail stuff - it's all set up and fully automated, so I don't need to speak to a 1&1 person !)