Server downtime can be more than a month

benben911's review of Webserve www.webserve.ca

“Server downtime can be more than a month”

Written on: 03/01/2013 by benben911 (1 review written)

At the beginning of using it at 2011, everything seems to be fine. However, in the past year. Everything goes downhill. Problems after a problem.

First, they told me that they required to change my hosting server to another server, that's perfectly ok. However, after following closely with their instruction and send back and forth a couple email with the support. I thought everything is done but nightmare has just begin. They forget to remove my account from the previous server. For at least a month, I had problem with receiving my email.

Second, 2 of my accounts in 2 different servers got hacked in. My index.html got replaced by hacker. Then webserve finally put up a new antivirus.

If the above 2 reasons aren't good enough, the third reason is their ns1.webserve.com server has been down since Dec 2012 to Jan 3, 2013 (up to today as writing.) You can always check their server status at their website -> support -> server status to validate this piece of information.

Also, some of their smtp server has been marked as spam server lately. Email is no longer able to go through google, Hotmail. (Don't know about yahoo.) It might be fixed now but I have already move out of Webserve to end my nightmare.

When you want to get your EPP code, it's also a nightmare. First, a support person will tell you to file a terminate form first. DON'T BELEIVE THIS. Once you terminate your account, you have no access of anything. You have to keep asking... (online chat) asking... (support ticket) asking... (email)... asking (online chat again.), until someone knowing the rule that they must email you the EPP code unless you owe them something. (with .com there is a regulation on it.) Some web hosting has a button to require for EPP code but not going through this crazy process.

Webserve is only a reseller of ENom and they don't own any server.

I have been trying on different web hosting since 1999. By far, this is the worst. Reason that I changed to webserve because I was finding a Canadian own company but end up with this nightmare.

Bottom line, if your smtp server has been marked as spam, end of story. If your server has been hacked, forget about it. If your server is down for a month, how am I going to function my business?