Avoid Web-Mania & Yorhost

Guest's review of Web Mania www.web-mania.co.uk

“Avoid Web-Mania and Yorhost”

Written on: 06/03/2013

I've been with them for at least 5 years, and I've been treated shoddily. At one point paid for my hosting and domain (rolling over a year) only to find that it expired anyway. It took 2 months to get it back online, and I didn't receive any money/time compensation. I've repeatedly had my main domain parked for no reason. I'm writing this review now because it's happened again. The only reason I'm still with them is because I don't have time to transfer to someone else, but believe me, I will at the first chance I get.

I noticed recently that the Yorhost offices are in York. That's only a 45 minute train journey from where I live, and the next time I have problems I will gladly visit them in person to talk to them face to face and sort those issues out. I'm a customer. Their "anonymity" does not make them unaccountable for their actions.

Agile's Comment

Written on: 05/03/2014

You assume that it is an "office". The reality is that must be running it from his home ( which is traceable by the way ) as he would never pay any rent and would have been evicted by now.

There is a useful post on Pistonheads about how he is a reseller and whom can help to get domains transferred away from him.

Its a pity he could; have done very well if only he had put the effort into doing the admin properly.

I expect several may have taken him to court and he probably has a few CCJs against him!