still no service

uhAtkinson156's review of Unlimited Web Hosting - www.unlimitedwebhosting.co.uk

“still no service”

Written on: 09/04/2014 by uhAtkinson156 (1 review written)

The staff are friendly enough, but friendly staff means nothing when you don't actually have a service still after a week. I get the impression that they don't have the resources to deal with the calls as there was nobody in sales when I called to sign up. They did say there was a phone number for support, but it is actually a ticket only and call-back. As i don't know when/ if they are going to call back, it means no resolution to my problem. The last couple of email responses have been to query which websites I am having problems with. As I've already told them this several times, it seems like a waste of time repeating the problem all over again.

Thankfully there is no contract so I shouldn't have a problem leaving. As to why my hosting doesn't work, I don't know. Whether it is an issue my end or theirs, I'll never know, because they only phoned once at the start when it was still propagating. After a decent amount of time for propagation, one website says 'answer refused from server', the other just doesn't work. Can't access the site.

There is no troubleshooting information on the website for these issues or talk through how to set things up. Maybe they might be a good company for people who know about hosting and don't need any support setting things up, but I would avoid them if you are a complete beginner as it is rather like stumbling around in the dark with no torch. After doing various google searches into how to open ports etc...and setting them and everything else, I've given up. Unlimited are not a company for anybody new to hosting, and probably only cater for IT people. I am going to try one of the companies that look more user friendly and helpful for beginners.

I also think that if you are a complete beginner it is essential to have phone support, not a ticket raising system, so you can sort the issue out quickly rather than have to keep raising tickets and getting no response to the problem. As my time at home is limited, I need to be able to resolve things when I am at home. Their customer support doesn't really work if you are mainly only at home weekends or evenings and don't have a fixed timetable. I get the impression that they are either very busy or understaffed, so don't have the time to deal with tickets properly.

Visit unlimitedwebhosting.co.uk