Unreliable service from Unlimited Web Hosting

Guest's review of Unlimited Web Hosting - www.unlimitedwebhosting.co.uk

“Unreliable service from Unlimited Web Hosting”

Written on: 22/08/2013

I tolerated Unlimited Web Hosting for approx 9 months and my personal opinion is stay well away. Unlimited Web Hosting seems to have very few unhappy customers or complaints online but the service I received was truly awful.

It's a great shame as they promise so much, have well known logos on their website giving them credibility and are UK based, but I never truly felt they either had the resources, technology, staff or expereince to deliver on what they promise.

They are very quick to respond to your tickets (often in a couple of minutes) when you encounter problems, but it's rarely their fault and it's one thing responding quickly, but another fixing the actual problem. However when you have two or three different incidents per month you start questioning whether they know what they are doing and whether the good faith you have given them is mis-judged. At least you understand how the ticketing system operates.

I received poor data centre performance pretty much from day one - I was promised this would be much better once they moved away from Melbourne IT but at the time it didn't seem to make any difference. They changed my reseller IP address with no notice leaving multiple sites offline. They blamed poor performance on DDOS attacks - easy to do but I've never had a problem with anyone else. I advised them on multiple occasions of my sites going offline and was told it was an isolated case, however a friend also held an account with Unlimited Web Hosting and when my sites went down, so did his...

Changing the IP with no notice and then insisting they had sent me an email advising of the change was the last straw. They sent me an email after I complained but it appeared to be for a different group of customers! I had no problems receiving other peoples emails in this time, or receiving billing/ticket info from Unlimited so you draw your own conclusions.

Simply put you get what you pay for - they are cheap, but I would rather pay more for honesty and reliability and I would never use this company again. If you are hosting websites for clients make sure you have a plan b, because in my experience you will need it.

I'm sure they will argue they are great and this review is ficticious, but this is what happended to my account.

Just because you see hundreds of positive reviews, don't assume all customers will give five stars - maybe I was unlucky with Unlimited Web Hosting on this occasion, but I will never use them again.

Visit unlimitedwebhosting.co.uk

By Uwhsupport

Written on: 03/09/2013

We are sorry that you had this bad experience. It is really not typical of our service to have these sorts of issues.

We have invested heavily in our infrastructure and relocated to a new datacenter recently to make sure we have the capacity we need to support our growth and improve the service deliver.
Unfortunately the migration process did involve some disruption to customers but we did try to work with them to schedule work at the best possible times.

If you you would like to discuss your issues further with someone senior, please contact us via the normal channels.

-Unlimited Web Hosting

The-Gog's Comment

Written on: 17/09/2013

I concur, sadly. See my review.

unlimitedwebhosting.co.uk