DO NOT DO IT! WORST HOSTING FOLLOWED by EUKHOST!

Guest's review of UK2.net www.uk2.net

“DO NOT DO IT! WORST HOSTING FOLLOWED by EUKHOST!”

Written on: 14/03/2013

If you run a business, personal site, or whatever, don't use this company. The support i find is not bad, but mainly foreign based. The reason i moved was because of the downtime, its absolutely horrible. I could run a better uptime in my office at home on a server. Working with clients, showing them site features and the site goes down. The company take a few hours to get it back online. Horrible company in terms of downtime, the sales are are the worst kind of sales team i have ever spoke to. I was supposed to be eligible for SLA due to my website being down for a few days (UK2's goal is to achieve 100% server and network availability for all customers, but with our Service Level Agreement, if anything was to happen to your website we will compensate you.) which i never got any response and they didn't care.

I had contacted the support team about it and they said they couldn't do anything about it accept wait it out. They recommended me to move over to a new server, one which has low downtime. I approved and he said it would be done instantly, because all you would need to do is to import the Cpanel/WHM backup. I said go for it. 1 Hour later after the import, he tells me the import failed because the server went down. I was amazed! He worried and said don't worry because it will resume once the server is up. 3 Hours later.. He finally gets it imported. Not to mention that all 4 sites are broke and not working due to the server having an old PHP version.

So after all that, i had more issues. I opened a ticket and asked them to move everything back over to the old server. Finally after around 3-4 days it was backup and running to where i started. I applied for the SLA and got absolutely nothing.

Honestly, if you are a company looking for someone to host with or even your personal website, infact, i wouldn't recommend any of there products. Don't even purchase domains with them, because they don't even allow you to transfer to another company. You need to wait a few years! I'm stuck with them with my domains and awaiting for the transfer to move everything far far away from this place.

I've moved over to HEARTINTERNET and i must say they are fantastic. Been with them only 2 months and not had a single problem as of yet. The downtime is fantastic, the support respond within an hour. The features and the user panels are absolutely amazing. More pricy! but trust me, its worth it. Go with any HOST accept EUKHOST due to their ridiculous hosting prices for what you get, and the uptime with them is probably just as bad as UK2, I've been with a few hosts but nothing compares to uk2 and eukhost.

Terrible hosts and i would rate a negative if i could!

UK2 -
Sales 1/10 (Worst sales you can get, they appear nice when you are interested in purchasing, try and claim SLA or anything and you'll see how they act. Horrible)
Uptime 0/10 (Worst uptime in history, I could host better in a one bedroom apartment with neighbours WIFI)
Support 3/10 (the live chat team try and help but are completely useless)
Features 1/10 (You don't get much with UK2, compared to other hosts)
Extras 6/10 (Nice to have customer SSL's and dedicated IP's which you can re-sell, i like that.)

Overall - Terrible. AVOID!

Bridgerbullock's Comment

Written on: 04/06/2013

I work for UK2.NET. We apologize for the downtime that you experienced. This is definitely something that we do not see on a regular basis. Best of luck to you in the future!