Can't even cancel my contract

Guest's review of Switch Media www.switchmedia.co.uk

“Can't even cancel my contract ”

Written on: 17/04/2013

After falling prey to the same 'two year contract hidden in the small print' nonsense as everyone else, I'm now having problems cancelling my contract with Switchmedia. I wrote to them in February instructing them to terminate my contract with them and close the account and website (as I am no longer trading.) Heard nothing back, so emailed. Still nothing. Emailed again. Today I get an email saying I need to fill in cancellation forms - despite the fact I've already made a written request to cancel the contract so fail to see why I need to fill in a form saying the exact same thing. What's particularly frustrating is that the contract renewal date is 11th May, so they've contacted me finally with less than a month to go and no doubt will try and bill me for another year. Although having said that, I haven't received a bill from them and by this time last year I'd received 20 (before they helped themselves to payment a month early, on 16th April)! I've done my two year's 'time' with them and the card they used to take payment has long since been cancelled so hopefully nothing more will come of this....we shall see.