Why must they make simple things so hard? Painful Experience

robertja's review of Streamline.Net www.Streamline.net

“Why must they make simple things so hard? Painful...”

Written on: 01/06/2012 by robertja (5 reviews written)

Streamline.net apparently don;t let it's customers manage it's own DNS. All I wanted to do was point my webhosting elsewhere - simple right? Answer, wrong. After confirming and spelling out my domain name 7 times (not a typo, that's 7 times!) and re explaining my issue several further times before their offshore support center understood my issue I was finally told that changing an A record on my domain was not possible - I honestly can;t think of a single hosting company that wouldn;t allow me to do this - it's absolutely insane.

So, my issue still stood. Their support staff, told me to change the nameservers for the domain - again, not an issue when I only want to change a single DNS entry. Aftewr explaining to their support staff how DNS works (they plain didn't know!) they came up with their best suggestion yet, which was fairly entertaining, as it demonstrated a total lack understanding of my and frankly, anyone else's issue. Their suggestion was create my own DNS server, install zoneedit on it and make the DNS changes myself!!!! This is all to change a simple A record.

I ended the call saying they've lost a customer and I'll be transferring ALL my services away from them - which I am doing first thing after the Jubilee bank holiday.

/var/www/vhosts/phoenix/current/system/lib