Used to be great, not so much now.

DaneDaniel's review of Smart Hosting - www.smarthosting.co.uk

“Used to be great, not so much now.”

Written on: 25/05/2017 by DaneDaniel (1 review written)

When we signed up for a reseller package over a year ago this seemed like the best hosting company, Providing excellent support and a fantastic hosting experience.

However this has changed after the acquisition by Krystal Hosting, support wait times have increased from a couple of hours to usually a couple of days. Also as part of the acquisition Krystal has decided that Smart needs to "upgrade" their servers (which were fine the way they were). We have been forced to migrate machines which has been a pain for our clients only to be presented with inferior software. An app installer that has only a fraction of the applications (meaning that I no longer can auto update something I installed on the old server), a spam filter that blocks a good chunk of legitimate emails meaning that I no longer can use it.

This has led us to slowly start migrating some of our websites away from Smart as we want (actually need) a working hosting package where fixing one simple issue does not take multiple days. As far as we're concerned this will not improve anytime soon.

Right now, I would not recommend smart hosting to anyone wishing to have a good hosting experience.

Siraajudeen's Comment

Written on: 16/10/2017

please avail to me the better one you are currently using?

Brad86's Comment

Written on: 17/10/2017

That would be SollHost, they meet all of our needs.