Worst hosting experience I've ever had.

zestdesigns's review of Smart Hosting - www.smarthosting.co.uk

“Worst hosting experience I've ever had.”

Written on: 15/05/2017 by zestdesigns (1 review written)

I've had so many problems with this service that I honestly can't remember them all. I really regret having tried them as it's been hugely disappointing.

At the very beginning, when I first joined I had a number of problems and left a review reflective of that. They contacted me and offered me lots of compensation. 6 months free, upgrade to my own unlimited virtual server with massive amounts of RAM and processing power, hosting for as many sites as I could want. All I had to do was remove my review. This sounded like a "no brainer" as I was assured my problems were part of the past. Nothing could have been further from the truth.

The multitude and severity of the issues I've had are quite simply unbelievable. Even staring on the new server they kept getting the wrong DNS settings multiple times and with each subsequent site the same process. Contact them, get DNS settings, try them, turn out to be incorrect, go back to them and repeat a number of times over many days till finally someone gets it right. That I could tolerate cause the compensation was just so good but even at free it's terrible value. A number of months ago now, I think around 6, they told me they had some technical issues and would be migrating my account onto a new server. I have an eCommerce site selling home decor products which had a large number of products on it. 90% of my products simply vanished. I contacted them, they promised to help, nothing was done. This process was repeated.

By the time this had happened, I'd stopped even really working on this site. Why? I had no faith in their hosting services and didn't want to spend any more time or money on my main site. I didn't want to go through the hassle and expense of swapping else where so I just put a pin in it. At least it was a really nice looking site which I could use a portfolio when meeting clients.

The situation now is that after 6 months of my products disappearing post migration, numerous promises that they would fix it, nothing has ever been done. The particular employee who had been assisting is no longer responsive. My SSL cert isn't working and I regret the day I ever considered their services. I first bought hosting for my first business site in 2004. I've used a large number of providers.This is without a doubt the worst service I've ever received and I am very confident that their tactic of offering really lucrative compensation is the reason for the high review scores rather than competence. These guys are really nice but really poor at what they do.

Reviewanonymous's Response to zestdesigns's Review

Written on: 23/05/2017

The worst hosts ever. They used to be the best. I pulled all my business away from them and will never return!
AVOID them at all costs.