My search for a hosting provider is finally over!

peterbroadbent's review of Krystal Web Hosting - www.krystal.co.uk

“My search for a hosting provider is finally over!”

Written on: 06/03/2014 by peterbroadbent (1 review written)

I've gone through a number of hosting providers, UK based, US based - starter accounts, business pro accounts etc. and have always come away finding I could not get a decent mix of services and support.

Moved one of my sites over to Krystal after seeing the rave reviews, and all I can say is they certainly true.

Over and above the usual services provided by any hosting provider a few things really shone:

Full, automated daily backups - of the filesystem and databases, with 30days worth of backups available at any time - even on the cheapest hosting account.

Raw access logs - some hosting providers don't give them out, but they're very useful when you want to dig into things like bandwidth etc.

Server resource usage - CPU, RAM, IO, etc. very useful for keeping track of what is actually going on, and how your website(s) are using resources.

As for the support - I've had replies to tickets at 23:30 on a Sunday night - my ticket wasn't particularly urgent and I wasn't expecting a reply out of business hours.

On average, the ticket response time is about an hour, which is unbelievable.

There is also a 24/7 emergency support number on the premium accounts - which I have never found on other hosting providers.

Additionally, the level of support is fantastic - they go out of their way to help you with items, even when your query is out of scope of what a normal hosting provider will provide.

I can finally settle down with a single provider now, knowing everything is in extremely good hands. Give them a try, you won't regret it.