Forced to renew product

Guest's review of Heart Internet www.heartinternet.uk

“Forced to renew product ”

Written on: 06/03/2013

Missed the deadline for cancelling hosting that no longer used. Firstly they sent me emails asking to log in and update my card details, stating that if I didn't pay the product would be deleted. Which was fine by me as I thought I had asked them not to renew anyway. They then started sending me emails to say that if I didn't pay, they would pass my 'debt' on to a debt collection agency, which concerned me and was a change from previous emails. They don't have a call centre, apart from the sales team which would not help with this enquiry. So I opened a ticket with customer services who refused to help and explained that I had missed the deadline for cancelling and again if I didn't pay, my debt would be passed on etc... After a number of requests from me to simply cancel my account, and them refusing, I decided to pay as I didn't want debt collectors coming round, nor do I want my credit rating affected. It seems to me they just wanted my money and had no interest in being reasonable. They give you no option to cancel your account on the control panel, and the only way to do it is to open a ticket with customer services and await their reply. The website was no longer live and what product I was paying for I am still not sure. I am still awaiting confirmation that they have now cancelled my account. I wouldn't go near them again.

Visit heartinternet.uk

Majl's Comment

Written on: 13/03/2013

I totally agree with you, I'm having a similar problem and getting nowhere! I've cancelled my hosting package but been charged anyway as they claim I manually renewed the package before I raised a ticket to cancel. If I did it was in error since I attempted to cancel on that same day. However they won't have it and I'm now paying for another year and will have to go through this nonsense all over again in a years time! They're great while you want to stay with them but just be warned that they make it well nigh impossible to get away! When I finally break free, I definitely won't be recommending them to anyone.

heartinternet.uk