Appalling Support Service

earthlyideas's review of Heart Internet www.heartinternet.uk

“Appalling Support Service”

Written on: 28/01/2013 by earthlyideas (2 reviews written)

Sadly, having used Heart Internet for a few years, their true nature came to light when our dedicated server crashed. Their support ticket service is awful, because they only answer when they can be bothered. They would tell me things would be sorted within an hour, and half a day later I'd still be waiting. Eventually they admitted they couldn't make it work. You can't talk to anyone to get answers and understand how long problems might take to fix.

Heart have very good sales people who work very hard to get you on board, but sadly their support service is far from good. For me, as a webmaster, the support is vital and we have now cancelled our Dedicated Server and would definitely not recommend their service to anyone.

Visit heartinternet.uk

Earthlyideas's Response to earthlyideas's Review

Written on: 28/01/2013

Forgot to say, that during the support process, they advised me to buy a VPS to aid data transfer from the old server. However this was bad advice and didn't work at all. In actual fact the best way to transfer data was through my high quality ftp software. Despite admitting that their advice was bad, they refused to repay me for the VPS. As I say, it's all about sales for them, nothing to do with support and service.

Rcusername's Response to earthlyideas's Review

Written on: 30/01/2013

Yeah, me too. Terrible experience with this company. Closed my account 25 Jan, 2013. To close my account I answered there silly questions and was then offered 3 months free hosting. I declined because I had already moved my sites. Made me a little angry too because when I asked them for something back for the bad web hosting service they always told me no. Anyway, when my account was finally closed, they sent me all of my emails. Which I did not request. They also sent the emails as though they were coming from my domain. They even sent me old spam too. Ridiculous! They could have easily sent it from a Heart Internet address, making it easier to stop the unwanted emails. Keep an eye on your credit/debit cards too. They just tried to take money from my account, 30 Jan 2013, even though I have cancelled and they mentioned no money was owed. This company is scary. Now, I'm expecting demands for money not owed. We'll see.

Hiraelbay's Response to earthlyideas's Review

Written on: 29/01/2013

I'll back this review up. I took out a package with their top hybrid server at the start of the year. All was ok for about a week, then the CPU's started locking up creating loads of 200+. I have a lot of clients with critical uptime requrirements and was desperate to get it resolved but the staff at Heart were completely disinterested in helping solve the problem, tickets went for over 10 hours without being answered and when they did answer they wanted £75+VAT to even look at it. The bandwidth was also appalling, a couple of FTP users was unable to make the server inaccessible to other users.

heartinternet.uk