Terrible Policy

stefkay's review of Heart Internet www.heartinternet.co.uk

“Terrible Policy”

Written on: 19/03/2013 by stefkay (1 review written)

Got a notification email telling me my domain was about to run out. I ignored the emails because I no longer wanted the domain. Checked my bank account a couple of days later and they took £44 for 2 years domain registration as the auto renewed it. I contacted them saying I never consented to this, but they just said that it was in their terms of service and there was nothing that i could do. I only paid 9.99 per year for the domain but they charged me a hiked up rate of 17.99 and were unwilling to give me a reason why.

Terrible, If you ever want better hosting just go to go daddy, i have multiple servers, domains and vps' and their all amazing.

Visit heartinternet.co.uk

Contradanza's Response to stefkay's Review

Written on: 25/03/2013

To be fair, it does say in the notification email that the domain will be renewed automatically, and that if you don't want it renewed you need to mark it for cancellation. I've always been very happy with this feature, because I can't possibly lose a domain just because I've forgotten to renew it.

Rincewind's Response to stefkay's Review

Written on: 04/04/2013

I hope you turned off auto renewal with go daddy as that is there default setting.

heartinternet.co.uk