Gone down the tubes...

sbelial's review of Free Virtual Servers www.freevirtualservers.com

“Gone down the tubes...”

Written on: 10/10/2013 by sbelial (1 review written)

Used to be good but I can no longer recommend this company. There are many many better providers out there offering a much better service at half the price... In fact there are some pretty good ***FREE** hosting companies that offer a better service in my opinion... And I mean free as with cPanel, MySQL, PHP, no adverts etc. so exactly what you get here without storage limitations imposed by the 'fair' usage policy.

I've had technical problems with the start with various server settings and finding my IP address is constantly blacklisted for 15 minutes at a time when I try to download more than 2 files at once over FTP! The servers are often hacked and they've had major security problems with wordpress recently which left several of the servers compromised as far as I can tell... Running a Moodle installation has proven to be impossible as it all loads so very very slowly and images are often missing due to the low cpu/bandwidth/memory/disk IO limitations they impose. I've now been told that despite paying £50 or so a year than because my site is more than (wait for it......) 5GB!! in size it will be terminated... Ho hum..

On the positive side customer support is very responsive it's just a shame that the product on offer sucks so badly. Take it from someone who's been in the website business for longer than this company has existed that this is not the reliable provider you are looking for!

Freevirtualservers's Response to sbelial's Review

Written on: 14/10/2013

Hi Sblial,

Thank you for submitting your review.

We are very sorry to hear that you have had an unpleasant experience with us. Your review has been brought to our managing director's attention and, if possible, we'd like to have a quick chat with you to offer the best possible solution for your web hosting account.

We really value our customers and will do our utmost to providing the best possible service. Please get in touch with u via email or call us for free on and ask for Timo in the marketing department. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kindest regards,