Rude debt collector

Guest's review of Fasthosts Internet www.fasthosts.co.uk - Post May 2006

“Rude debt collector”

Written on: 20/02/2014

been trying to complain about mysterious use of my debit card and fasthosts cannot explain to me which domain it was for. Had a rude man on the phone today telling me that they had responded to my query in October but this query had nothing to do with the "automatic renewal" he was talking about neither did I ever get a satisfactory response to my complaint hence why I stopped all payments to fasthosts. they hide the fact that renewal is automatic. I understand about renewals if if you dont renew your account should be terminated but this people terminate your account and still run you down for the money and threaten you with debt collectors. Well knock yourself out because in not paying and if you persist I will be taking he matter up with trading standards and the advertising standards agency on these grounds

Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999, Schedule 2, paragraph 1, states that terms may be unfair if they have the object or effect of: requiring any consumer who fails to fulfill his obligation to pay a disproportionately high sum in compensation.

The terms & conditions relating to suspending accounts is also illegal.

Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999, Schedule 2, paragraph 1, states that terms may be unfair if they have the object or effect of: (c) making an agreement binding on the consumer whereas provision of services by the seller or supplier is subject to a condition whose realisation depends on his own will alone. (f) authorising the seller or supplier to dissolve the contract on a discretionary basis where the same facility is not granted to the consumer...