One Star Is Too Much

Jaychez's review of Fasthosts Internet www.fasthosts.co.uk - Post May 2006

“One Star Is Too Much”

Written on: 04/01/2014 by Jaychez (7 reviews written)

To provide as fair a review as possible I would like to make it clear that this review is directed towards fast hosts shared business hosting and load balanced services.

Although it is a fact of life that you get what you pay for and shared hosting is a cheaper alternative, you should be able to expect a reasonable amount of trouble free hosting and you should always expect good customer service and support when things go wrong.

Over the last 3 months I have had neither from Fasthosts and I am in the process of transferring all domains to another provider.

Where Fasthosts let themselves down is their attitude to customer service, often the only way to get through is by raising a support ticket.

Whilst I can confirm their response time is good, the problem lies with their reply's.

For example, today they had a major outage across all their services, after following their support page updates throughout the day, they confirmed all services were back and up and running.

When I raised a ticket to let them know I still had issues, giving them specific information and asking specific questions, all they could manage was to copy and past their latest support page update and thank me for my contact.

Demonstrating that they either did not bother to read my ticket or they couldn't be bothered to help me resolve my issues/

leaving me frustrated and no further forward.

If your considering using fasthosts I would search all reviews and decide very carefully on if you want to risk it.