Sales team like Vultures

lauren882066's review of Fasthosts Internet www.fasthosts.co.uk - Post May 2006

“Sales team like Vultures”

Written on: 08/04/2013 by lauren882066 (1 review written)

I went onto the site in a hope of purchasing a dedicated server as I liked the fact that their servers were based in the UK. I asked the sales person on live chat if this was the case as to which he said yes they were co-located in the UK. I replied thank you and left the screen, to my astonishment the sales guy calls me on the telephone to ask about my enquiry!! I didn't even give them my telephone number, they must have looked up our business details from my email address. I said I would make a decision in my own time, he then told me that if I did want to purchase it would be better if I called him as it takes "hours" when you do it on-line (more like he wants the commission)

Anyway moving on we decided to purchase the server however the sales man irritated me and so I thought I would purchase on line and not take into account his obvious BS. Just as the sale was going through on-line he called me again!!! This time he said that he told me to call him and didn't I get his email. I then told him "Why do you keep calling me, I haven't asked you to call me, I want to make the purchase without you keep calling me!" I then put the phone down and 10 minutes later his colleague (a woman) calls and asks to speak to me, which I declined.

I have since received numerous automated emails asking if I need help with my purchase.

Why does Fasthosts think it is wonderful to get their sales team to literally jump on you at the moment you make an enquiry or try to complete a purchase on their website, some people buy on line as they like to do it at their own pace and read ALL of the information without some hot head getting you to sign up so he can receive his commission.

Anyway went to EasySpace in the end ... lovely so far.