Fasthosts Internet www.fasthosts.co.uk - Post May 2006 Review

FasthostsVictim's review of Fasthosts Internet www.fasthosts.co.uk - Post May 2006

“Closed down an account in 2010 and thought nothing of...”

Written on: 27/02/2013 by FasthostsVictim (1 review written)

Closed down an account in 2010 and thought nothing of it. On 14th February I get a letter (the first I've ever had from them!) claiming £80. They'd been taking money for 3 years, in spite of my closing the account (more fool me for not noticing it before).

They claimed not to have received the email, which is not surprising, given they've not replied to any of the other emails I've sent them - or logged them either.

Trying to deal with Customer Service on the telephone is now better. They don't care and are just after a money grab - even if they're not legally entitled to it.

It's absolutely no way to run a business. In the end they suggested I take them to court. Exactly what I intend to do. And to get back the money they've taken over the last three years!

Avoid like the plague!

Neilhenderson's Response to FasthostsVictim's Review

Written on: 15/03/2013

how did you get on with this as we have the same problem - perhaps sharing the court costs may be the way to go - more evidence with more people - please contact me on neilwork@hotmail.com

Fasthostsvictim's reply to Neilhenderson's Comment

Written on: 15/03/2013

Got them to drop it. I made it clear that if they didn't back-down and close the account (and drop their demands for money) I'd go after them for taking money for the last three years - fraudulently. They don't like that word (not surprisingly!).

I sent a letter giving them 14 days to close the account and waive fees (though made it clear that I was satisfied it was already closed), and said that it would be up to a court to decide whether I'd sent the email and they'd not logged it properly or that I hadn't sent it.

I pointed out that the hundreds of complaints on here with people having exactly the same issue made it clear that they were either not logging correctly, or knew full well I'd cancelled but choosing to ignore which is fraud. And that if it went to court - they'd look at their behaviour and background and conclude Fasthosts in wrong.

Also helps if you make a stink on Facebook and Twitter.

They'll still play hardball - but I took up so much time, made such a nuisance of myself (whilst pointing out it was costing them more to deal with me than the money that they were claiming) that I think they thought it easier and wiser to simply make me go away!

They dropped their claim if i agreed not to go to court and accuse them of fraud!

Hope this helps!