Awful customer service, care about money more than service!

Guest's review of Fasthosts Internet www.fasthosts.co.uk - Post May 2006

“Awful customer service, care about money more than...”

Written on: 22/10/2012

A shame I couldn't give 0 stars, purely based on cancellation policy and their poor invoicing and payment collection service.

They say one thing and then do something else; we'll charge your account £this amount, but actually they charge it £this amount + a bit extra - my guess is they assume people won't check one invoice against another and a a few pounds won't be missed - they tried that trick on the wrong person!

Phoned customer service because I wanted out, didn't offer a refund at all - I even tried to be reasonable saying take some money for services rendered and refund the remainder but didn't want any of it..

As a goodwill gesture they offered a free domain name so I could use their service some more, no doubt so they could bill be again next year!!

As for the invoice, they vaguely accepted there was a difference and said "we'll try to find a way of returning the few pounds back to you" - not apology, just try to find a way - surely if you invoice someone one amont and then take more then you are committing theft and should return the amount without any talk of "trying"

I've never endured such appalling customer service as that found with Fasthosts - please ,if you're thinking of using them DON'T - avoid like the plague.