Robbed & held to ransom yet again by Fasthosts

Scouse1604's review of Fasthosts Internet www.fasthosts.co.uk - Post May 2006

“Robbed and held to ransom yet again by Fasthosts”

Written on: 12/10/2012 by Scouse1604 (1 review written)

I have been a customer of Fasthosts for 4 painful years now and have been bullied into yet another painful year.

I wanted a basic email hosting package, but was "sold" web hosting and all other useless cr4p that I have no need for at the price of £72 a year.

Last year, my renewal email was supposedly sent to me to remind me of the automated theft from my credit card, luckily, I had changed my card, so payment couldn't be taken. I never received the reminder email, and my MX record was basically held to ransom before I paid their extortionate fee for something that I can get for free elsewhere. I paid the ransom and demanded that the auto theft facility be turned off as I would be moving my service elsewhere.

A year later... guess what happened... Fasthosts and their 40 thieves tried again to rob me again from a card which is now 2 years out of date. No reminder email received either, so my service was stopped yet again... The best of it was, when I spoke to the customer complaints agent, she even read my email back to me with the pleas of mercy of don't try to bill me again and cancel my service!!!!

Yet again the same hostage negotiations happened and I have been relieved of yet another £72 for a service that I don't need or have ordered.

I looked at their offerings this time and tried to negotiate with the hostage takers of my email account, even offering to sign up for another 12 months to their Personal Exchange hosting package at £20 a year, but was told that I could downgrade to this, but it would still cost me £72 for the privilege.

I am an IT Director for my sins, and if I ever found one of my Helpdesk team were as inflexible or downright rude as these bunch of robbers, they would be getting an immediate P45 and escorted off site forthwith.

The morale of the story is, go into an arrangement with fasthosts all you like, but just be prepared to suffer the angst and headache I have endured for over 2 years.

In essence, I have paid over £140 over 2 years for a service that should have cost me £40, with no offer of negotiation, sorry... I am incorrect. I was offered free website hosting!!! I DON'T HAVE A WEBSITE!!!!

If you are in a contract with these parasites, I truly feel for you, if you are seriously thinking of signing up... Please reconsider... if you STILL want to go ahead... go to the docs and get your head examined... You have been Warned!!!!