Fasthosts ripped me off for £1137.60

Guest's review of Fasthosts Internet www.fasthosts.co.uk - Post May 2006

“Fasthosts ripped me off for £1137.60 ”

Written on: 04/07/2012

A year ago Fasthost has misled me when sold a dedicated server which they claim to be able to migrate hosting accounts from server with another provider. As we discovered very quickly It was not able to migrate anything because “for security reasons” they block number of ports which needed for software on the server to work properly. They said: for these port to work you have to buy “Private LAN Access” for £120 which I bought. Migration still did not work, because ports remained blocked.

Customer services responses takes over 24 hours and that is for critical ticket! Can you imagine having your services down for days and Fasthost does not care? This was just a beginning of the problems.

By the time Fasthost responded to my ticket there was no need to have the server. Less than 48 hours since ordering dedicated server we contacted Billing department to cancel the server and they have refused and said you are now in 12 month contract. Long-distance selling regulations act did not apply because this was business-to-business order. I spoke to the same guy who sold the server and he literally told me to “F*ck Off”! So today is 12 month gone, server is cancelled and they ripped me off for £1137.60

If you are just considering to buy from Fasthost – don’t! They are unethical internet provider, will rip you off when they can and will not provide desired level of support for days when your services are down.

STAY AWAY!