Written on: 07/11/2011 by MATTFILL (1 review written)
Just to highlight the problems to date so you know what the issues are:
• I cancelled the hosting for my website a five months back. I did this using THEIR support page: https://help.fasthosts.co.uk/app/answers/detail/a_id/494/kw/closing%20hosting
• I recently received an invoice for £79.06 for the above hosting even though it was cancelled
• I spoke to a representative of Fasthosts called 'Gimp One' regarding this issue. Over three phone calls and over an hour of my time it become apparent to Nick that the process I had gone through to cancel the hosting was the correct one and that there was a fault at Fasthosts as WHICH WAS ADMITTED BY 'Gimp One', they were not receiving the confirmation of the cancellation.
• 'Gimp One' and I repeated the process four times, twice with one domain and once each with two other domains. None of these were successful and 'Gimp One' had to do it manually on your system rather than through your website.
• The conversation ended with 'Gimp One' telling me he was going to look into the situation and report the problem and that he would get back to me... he didn't. No surprise there then.
• A week later I just spoke to 'Gimp Two' who says that someone called 'Gimp Three' is now looking into the matter and that I have received an email from 'Gimp Three' of the 3rd October 2011. I have no email.
• 'Gimp Two' says that 'Gimp Three' has offered me a free domain name to go with the hosting I have been wrongly billed for.
With all due respect, offering me a £5.99 domain name when in fact I am trying to be reimbursed for £79.06 is not the answer I am looking for.
• I sent ANOTHER email. No reply from Fasthosts.
• I called a week later and had another HOUR long conversation (on hold for 80% of the time). Spoke to 'Gimp Four' who now informs me that 'Gimp One', the 'bloke' I spoke to at first' distinctly recalls not having any cancellation issues.
• I informed 'Gimp Four' that his colleague Nick is a liar and I demand to speak to someone senior. Unsurprisingly, no one is available.... sigh. I expect a phone call from a SENIOR representative by the 3pm... I don't hold out much hope..
As rated by our community of reviewers
" Blocked Emails to BT Customers " Read More
" Help and advice with migrating an old website " Read More
" Top Customer Service " Read More
Written by computer5050
" Skilled tech support " Read More
Written by SorenRavn
" Great Host, Best IT, Helpful customer support " Read More
Written by AshDemps