PLEASE DO NOT USE - Horrible, nasty company

Guest's review of Fasthosts Internet www.fasthosts.co.uk - Post May 2006

“PLEASE DO NOT USE - Horrible, nasty company”

Written on: 07/10/2011

They have on two occasions auto-renewed services that I can't use.

The domain in both cases expired by they still billed me for the webhosting and then the email.

When I spoke to them 1 business day after the auto-renew and tried to explain I didn't want the services and I couldn't use them - they refused to refund.

In the first case they'd already taken my money.
In the second case I'd removed my card details because I couldn't find how to cancel the services. They must deliberately HIDE the cancellation sections because I couldn't find it.

They have now threatened me with debt collection of £17.99 for a service I can't use (email) because I have no domain!! Also this was on day 4 of a 365 day service. I pointed out if they cancelled it now then I couldn't use at all so they wouldn't be out of pocket.

The guy on the phone was actually NASTY to me. He kept using my first name and saying 'I learn from my mistakes. I would know that I had to pay. I wouldn't want it to go to a debt collection agency' In the end he hung up on me. But he was vile and horrible and left me shaking and teary. (And I think of myself as a strong person).

He even disputed the fact that I couldn't find how to cancel the service - and effectively called me a liar. Why else would I removed my credit card details from them?!

I have no idea if they are genuinely going to send my details to a debt collection agency (for the sake of £17.99?)

All I can say is:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE - DO NOT USE THIS NASTY NASTY COMPANY.