AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE

JPLondon's review of Fasthosts Internet www.fasthosts.co.uk - Post May 2006

“AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE”

Written on: 22/06/2011 by JPLondon (1 review written)

I bought a supposedly easy to use hosting package with them and had nothing but trouble with Sitebuilder. Couldn't upload any pix at all. Changed browser, as suggested, made no difference. Spent hours on premium rate lines trying to get a human being to sort it out, only to be told they couldn't and they would 'escalate' the problem. After a week and countless emails, most of them automated ones saying they'd assume my problem was resolved and close the query unless I replied, they finally solved the pic problem. But then new ones with text editing emerged.
I'd already seen enough and emailed to cancel the account, they replied offering me three months free hosting — I pointed out this was useless when there was nothing to host! They eventually emailed to say my month's subscription was being refunded but have still not confirmed the account is closed. I can't close it on their online account system and I can't remove my credit card details.
I have resorted to emailing them again, copying in my credit card company asking for confirmation the account is closed and there will be no attempt to renew it. And guess what? I get an automated response with a copy of my own email saying they'll assume the problem is resolved unless they hear from me.
Any more of this and I'm lodging a complaint with Trading Standards.
If you are thinking of using them, have a look at @fasthostsShit on Twitter first. I wish I had!
Fasthosts are a complete and utter nightmare!