Customer-focused Customer Service

Priority3's review of Easyspace www.easyspace.com

“Customer-focused Customer Service ”

Written on: 18/04/2014 by Priority3 (1 review written)

I have had two occasions to contact Easyspace Support recently.

The first involved outgoing email failure whilst I was working away from the office with a complex schedule of meetings to attend, so it was a business critical issue. The operative I spoke to checked the server status and very quickly identified that it wasn’t a technical issue at Easyspace. Most support services would have just stopped there. However, he recognised I had a problem situation and talked me through the various possibilities that could be causing it and how these might be resolved. As a result I was able to identify what had gone wrong and how to work around it until it could be properly resolved.

That was extremely helpful—and although it was politely made clear that Easyspace was not responsible for the technical issue, or obliged to give the advice that followed, it was recognised that in order to access the services provided by Easyspace to me as its customer, I needed some assistance in removing a different technical issue that was preventing this from happening.

That is real customer-focused Customer Service: an act of goodwill on behalf of the Easyspace brand that generates goodwill and word of mouth recommendation in return.

The second was a minor and temporary system error, which meant that a newly acquired domain name couldn’t be validated, although it wasn’t clear to me why. The support assistant I spoke to knew what it was and raised a support ticket internally on my behalf—and it was fixed soon afterwards. My point here is that the support was seen through to a solution: I reported something and it was dealt with. I wasn’t tasked with doing something else to make that happen. Some support services would have told me to raise a support ticket myself and would have made it my problem.

Again, customer-focused Customer Service that makes the problem go away without handing it back to the customer as a bigger problem than it needs to be.

Well done Easyspace and thank you to your helpful staff.