Cancelled our domain name registration in error.

niPerkins1974's review of Easyspace www.easyspace.com

“Cancelled our domain name registration in error.”

Written on: 14/04/2014 by niPerkins1974 (1 review written)

They cancelled our domain name registration in error (they were supposed to be cancelling in e-mail package, and admitted it was their fault). Our e-mails and website were down for 24 hours while this was fixed and we lost several hundred pounds worth of sales. All they offered as recompense for the disruption was a 3 month extension of the domain name registration worth £4.43. I wasn't expecting some huge amount of compensation but that was just insulting. A refund of the £17.71 subscription was all I was looking for considering this was 100% their mistake and had taken me several hours to sort out.

They had already increased the price by 8% each year for the last two years, and were much more expensive than other providers, I was only staying with them to avoid disrupting our service, which didn't work since they managed to shut us down for 24 hours!

Also their e-mail package is unreliable, and caused a drop in performance on our Amazon stats because customer e-mails were not being delivered. It is also very expensive to add more e-mail storage.