Good tech support, but very happy to overcharge!

davidf's review of Easyspace www.easyspace.com

“Good tech support, but very happy to overcharge!”

Written on: 23/05/2013 by davidf (4 reviews written)

I have been with Easyspace since 2000, rather earlier than many of the hosting companies around nowadays.

On the positive side, I have always found Tech Support to be responsive and very helpful, and I have encountered no real problem during the past 13 years. On the downside, their prices for just about everything are above average.

Most irritating (but largely my own fault!) is that I have continuously auto-renewed what is now an obsolete hosting package ("Platinum Plus") since 2005, and now realise that I am paying roughly three times what a new package of similar modest specification would cost nowadays, even from the same company! I guess it is unrealistic to expect a company to point out that they could provide the same service at far lower cost, but it is a bit galling to discover quite how much I could have saved over the years had I paid more attention. Consequently, I have cancelled auto-renew, and will look around for a better deal as expiry approaches. I'll be happy to stay with Easyspace, however, provided transfer to a cheaper package poses no difficulty.