Absolutely horrendous!!!

scottp99's review of Dataflame - www.dataflame.co.uk

“Absolutely horrendous!!!”

Written on: 02/10/2013 by scottp99 (1 review written)

Absolutely horrendous!!!

I paid for a year and cancelled after a month. they refused to refund me the other 11 months worth of payment which I had already given them.

The security was so bad that I had to delete all my sites.

Support was also terrible. They don't have a clue what they are doing and they are very slow.

Scott Pringle

PHP Developer

Dflame's Response to scottp99's Review

Hello Scott,

I am sorry you are not happy with the service.

However the problems came from plug ins/scripts used within your own sites. While we can impose security policies, we cannot put 'blanket' policies on a shared server.

If a plug-in script that has been installed is out of date or has its own back door, then you are risking entry to your files.

Unfortunately as we do not make the software or plug ins you choose to install we are not able to vet this.

We always recommend making sure all software is kept up to date at all times.

It is important to note, that only your 'own' data was subject to problems, as it is not possible for any other client to access any other clients information.

Dataflame Support

Scottp99's reply to Dflame's Comment

Written on: 06/10/2013

I found one of the scripts had been changed to root user and group. This could only have been one of the technical support team. It shouldn't have been left on my account with these permissions as I don't have root access.

The fact that an a attacker can infect 5 websites from one out of date plugin makes the hosting useless. In future I'll manage my own hosting where I can get SSH root access and set it up properly.

Dflame's reply to Scottp99's Comment

Hello Scott,

A file would have had its permissions and owernship changed by us, if 'found' to be compromised, thus stopping any further access to it.

ie this would have been done 'after' the event, not before.

This is done to stop any further problems occurring.

Dataflame Support

Kinglouiethe6Th's Response to scottp99's Review

Written on: 16/02/2014

They don't care any more, the money is all they want.