Sharks! Steer well clear!

Guest's review of Dataflame - www.dataflame.co.uk

“Sharks! Steer well clear!”

Written on: 27/04/2013

I've been a Dataflame customer for many years now and today I decided my domains required Whois privacy.

Dataflame charge £15 + vat per domain which is cost prohibitive for multiple domains, so I made the hard choice to find a new registrar who offered free Whois privacy.

I then logged into my Dataflame client area to unlock my domains for transfer but couldn't see a way to do that. Using their awesome online chat I asked their support how unlock domains and they provided me with a URL for domain transfer requests. So I entered in my details only to find they wanted to charge me £15 + vat to leave.

I'm the type of person who always looks for the little * to spot hidden charges and do not recall any when buying domains. Even now they don't advertise this on their domain purchase page. I can only assume they have changed their terms since I became a customer.

I am now in the process of cancelling all of my services with Dataflame and am moving to another company.

TO DATAFLAME: charge a bit more and stop being sharks! Underhanded practices will not help you retain customers.