5quidhost Review

9-10 St Andrew Square, Edinburgh, EH2 2AF

kcHolmes66's review of 5quidhost www.5quidhost.co.uk

“5quidhost had been hosting my site for free for a...”

Written on: 23/07/2014 by kcHolmes66 (1 review written)

Visit www.5quidhost.co.uk

5quidhost had been hosting my site for free for a while, until recently, when robots invaded and stole my bandwidth. At that point I remembered I always meant to upgrade from the basic package once I'd put my site together properly. It's not at all expensive. I don't like doing surveys or writing reviews, but this review is partially an apology for leaving it so long before upgrading.

The site has been reliable, and I've not had any problems with using or viewing the site, nor any hassle or junk marketing from 5quidhost about upgrading or from 3rd party stuff because of 5quidhost which, compared to some companies, is a pleasant surprise.

My site is just a small page to publish some contact details online and show off a little picture gallery. I like to do things myself, so after finding out how to register a domain and register with a host, I wrote a little html page and uploaded it, quickly and easily.
The basic tools (uploading files, arranging webmail, checking size and bandwidth,) are easy to use. There are loads of add-ons and tools that I've barely even looked twice at, and plenty of background website stuff that you could really get your teeth into if you knew what you were up to.

I didn't give this review five stars just because I wouldn't give a sit-down restaurant five stars based solely on their takeaway food. There is are lot of stuff 5quidhost offers that I haven't been able to evaluate. For me, with my DIY page and basic requirements, 5quidhost has been ideal. I really should have been paying them before now. And I might try out some stuff like the Wordpress add-on, now that I'm paying them money.

www.5quidhost.co.uk