Swift & communicative

somebody-else's review of 34SP.com - www.34sp.com

“Swift and communicative”

Written on: 08/05/2016 by somebody-else (1 review written)

The way to tell the quality of the company is not the blandishments and inducements offered when they're looking to sign you up as a customer, but how they treat their customers when things go wrong.

I cannot praise 34SP highly enough - although not highly technical myself, their technicians are never anything less than polite, helpful and efficient. An incident last week meant that the site I manage went down, so I went to 34SP to see if my usual trick (re-boot the server) would solve the problem. Except I was unable to access the site - I couldn't access the status page and I couldn't get any response on the phone number I had for them.

So I sent them an email to enquire if the problem was with them, rather than my site. I continued to try to access the status pages and that came back fairly quickly but apart from confirming there was a problem it said little more. A little while later it occurred to me to try to find if they had a twitter account (not being a user myself, it's not the first thing that comes to mind) and was able to find a few more details.

Given the information I was able to access, I was content to wait for the sites to come up again and once mine did and I was able to post to it to let our users know roughly what the problem was and that there might be a couple more hiccoughs during the next couple of hours I pretty much considered the matter closed.

A few hours later, despite having worked out it was a site wide issue and not thinking any more about it I received an email from one of their technicians to explain what the problem had been. Given they must have been up to their eyeballs sorting this issue out (and I'd managed to find enough info to know that I could do nothing for myself but wait for them to sort out the problem) I thanked them and apologised for bothering them.

The following day I received a follow up email from another technician thanking me for my emails and providing a link for their blog where the whole issue was explained in such a way that even I could understand what the problem was.

I would point out that 'we' aren't a big company with a huge account - we're a small social board who use 34SP to enable us to run a discussion forum and internet community. However, despite not being the most technical savvy Site Admin on the web, I've never been treated as anything other that a valued customer.

I am no longer wary of contacting the support desk for fear of coming across as a blithering idiot - thank you, everyone who got us up and running so swiftly last week. Oh - we were down for under an hour and once we got back online there were no further problems.