Incompetent & apathetic

kokomorbt's review of 1and1 www.1and1.co.uk

“Incompetent and apathetic”

Written on: 13/01/2014 by kokomorbt (3 reviews written)

Changed DNS server for two of my domains through their control panel. One updated in 15 minutes. The other has now taken four days. I raised trouble ticket after 24 hours and they told me they hadn't yet made the change because I had requested a change of Registrar. They then told me I would have to wait for propagation. Given that they hadn't made the change, there was no propagation to wait for. Furthermore, I hadn't requested a change of Registrar, but even more importantly my domain is locked so a Registrar change request is irrelevant. I have complained four more times since then and each time they acknowledge they haven't made the change yet, and then tell me I have to wait for propagation which hasn't even started yet. Not only that, their staff don't bother to read the previous notes in the trouble ticket and keep asking me the same questions. Avoid them at all costs.