Worst Hosting Company in 10 Years in Web Business

basithabib's review of 1and1 www.1and1.co.uk

“Worst Hosting Company in 10 Years in Web Business”

Written on: 10/09/2013 by basithabib (1 review written)

I am running different forums and websites for past 12 years now, and during this period I come across different hosting company. In the process I had several good as well as bad experiences. But when it comes to bad experiences I must say 1and1 become the worst among all I every come across.

To give an example how bad a company 1and1 hosting is, they just don't cancel despite my written request, and instead of acting on request back in June they just sent another message which for some clever reason never get in my inbox but trash, where they suggested that I need to call them for "SECURITY" reasons.

After months I discovered they are still charging me and didn't cancelled my account, and when I again requested, they sent me a URL to go to and submit my cancellation request for "SECURITY" reasons.

Before that email from 1and1 I had submitted my request both through my admin panel as well as via email.

When I tried link provided by them, the URL they provided me to submit Cancellation request for "SECURITY" reasons, doesn't even exist.

I sent another email to 1and1 and them finally sent me another link, no shame they had no courtesy they had to say a word of sorry for all the hassle they were causing and giving incorrect URL.

When I tried new link, it worked (Finally) I submitted another Cancellation request, but at the end of that page, I get another message, that I need to Call 1and1 to confirm my cancellation for "SECURITY" reasons.

When I called 1and1 they asked me for some pin number which one need to create in admin panel. What a silly security it is, I ended up creating a pin number in very same admin panel, which i first used to submit my very first cancellation request. which 1and1 declined by labeling it "security" reason. I think 1and1 security reason is equal to make more money out of customer pocket.

After all that cancellation issues with 1and1, i was told at the end of the call that I will be charged for yet another 6 months, and I should expect 1and1 to send me invoices and I am legally bound to pay this company now I hate, for not even using any of their service.. because thats how they work, milk their customers.

NEVER EVERY USE 1and1, my experience, ONE Of WORST hosting company I EVER come across in 10 YEARS... !!