Rude, unhelpful & dishonest

Guest's review of 1and1 www.1and1.co.uk

“Rude, unhelpful and dishonest”

Written on: 25/07/2013

I made the mistake of choosing these after a friend recommended them to me on a forum after being unhappy with my current host. Their technical support staff are rude, sarcastic and very unhelpful. In almost all the co-correspondence I have had with them they have pretended to miss understand what I was asking and were mocking at times when I explained to them that I was unfamiliar with FTP transfer as my current host uses a different system. In consequence, I cancelled the domain and account within less than 24 hours of setting it up. (So much for the 90 day money back guarantee that is displayed on the above advert!)

However, they seemed to think that they then have the right to hound me for money for a service I decided not to use. I am not happy and would not recommend them to anyone and they are worse than the host I am leaving.

They are also vastly over-priced and novice website masters beware because they expect you to pay an additional £4.99 a month to use a website builder if you are unfamiliar with html and css. Not very good at all!

The service isn't good value for money not only because their cheapest package is more expensive than other hosts, but also because of the rudeness I received and the fact that there are hidden charges for people new to running a website. I would say go with Bravenet, but they don't do a decent free package anymore.