Billed me for domains that were transfered to another Regist

Guest's review of 1and1 www.1and1.co.uk

“Billed me for domains that were transfered to another...”

Written on: 18/04/2013

1&1 are the worst Hosts and domain registar's I have experienced. Please do not entertain them. I have been with them a few years and to be honest they make my blood boil. I now registar all my Domain at Namecheap. I tried a number of times to transfer two Domains to Namecheap 2 months before they were due for renewal.
The control panel is awful to use. Anyway I isued the transfer, but I recieved an email from Namecheap the transfer was rejected, twice. Finally after the third of forth time it went though. Paid Namecheap to register them, so all seemed well.
Only when the renewal came, 1&1 billed me again and asked me to update my billing details, as my credit card on file had expired.
I emailed and phoned, stating they were not the registar's of the domains and had been paid when transfered to Namecheap. But they still stated I was due them the money. I refused and said I was cancelling my whole account with them. They then gave me a reminder for payment and sent it into a debt collector. Charging me a further £15.00 per a domain.
I phoned the Debt collector to explain, I was not due this. But was advised to pay and take it up with 1&1. But they will not reply to my letters. It had happened before, but I still carried on.
My advise is to stay clear. The whole support and billing centre are a shambles, as for value it's a no no.

Seosme's Comment

Written on: 11/06/2013

I've had a similar issue. I transferred several domains in May 2013 and 1and1's cancellation/transfer dashboard was not working. I emailed customer services and received a response stating that their IT help desk was aware of the issue.

So I went via Nominet and changed the domain TAGS to my new hosting company.

Long story short - over 35 days later 1and1.co.uk have no issue an invoice for domain name renewal. The same domains that were successfully transferred away over a month ago.

I have all the emails proving the transfer was completed 10 days before the invoice was raised, so look forward to ignoring the fools.