Needs a complete overhaul

Guest's review of 1and1 www.1and1.co.uk

“Needs a complete overhaul”

Written on: 11/02/2013

I cannot recommend this company lowly enough.

I wanted to do something as simple as transferring a domain to another ISP and cancel my account. The online process wasn't working correctly and it took 4 emails before anyone appeared to understand the problem (because they kept sending stock answers without reading my email).

They eventually told me I had to ring technical support so that they could fix it manually. I did this and despite explaining the problem was told on the phone to do it online. I then had to explain everything yet again and at this point they said they couldn't do it - apaprently I had to speak to cancellations.

Predictably cancellations then told me I had to talk to technical support...

... and basically I got so frustrated I decided to cancel the whole thing without hanging onto my domain. Waste of life.

I've had to use this company through work in the past and have always found their support service to be the most soul destroying experience. AVOID.