Truly Abysmal Service

loz221's review of 1and1 www.1and1.co.uk

“Truly Abysmal Service ”

Written on: 23/01/2013 by loz221 (1 review written)

1&1 appears not to have invested in infrastructure for years, has criminal customer service, data protection issues and finance systems that simply do not work. Judging by their share price, it will not be long til they join other older network providers.

My issues began when they could not get their direct debiting system working for my eShop and email packages. Because I work in the bank, I could see that the mandates were set up but not actioned by 1&1. I asked them to fix the issue. They blamed my bank and would not contact their own merchant bankers to resolve. Yesterday I received a debt collecting agencies demand which I paid (the monies were always available for 1&1 to collect). Of course, this included a debt collectors premium so I ended up paying more for 1&1's error. Is it possible that 1&1 have an financial interest in the debt collectors?

Meantime, because the site kept being closed down by 1&1 because they would not collect the direct debit, it was pretty useless to me.

Today, I gladly cancelled both my contracts with them but was alarmed that I was asked to give my entire password before they would do this - from a public phone! Data Protection Act apparently doesn't count for 1&1. I plan to report this company to Trading Standards for seriously sharp practices.