Terrible company. They will screw you.

Guest's review of 1and1 www.1and1.co.uk

“Terrible company. They will screw you.”

Written on: 16/01/2013

I parked domains there for a few years. Hosted some small sites for a few years. Uptime and service was always pretty bad. But then things got worse and worse. Transferring domains out takes forever. They play games. Support is terrible. I mean really terrible. They dont know anything. They keep repeating mantras even when totally unrelated. They also contradict themselves in the same sentence much of the time.

Recently though it was the last straw. All my 1and1 emails were being used in the from feilds of magor spam. Therefore I'd get 500 failed messages per day. 1and1 wouldnt help. All other providers have measures in place to limit this garbage. Not 1and1. So I did some experimenting and no sooner could I create an email then it would be spoofed in pharma spam. How do spammers get the address so fast?

Then my domains got blacklisted in google, safari etc for being connected to malware. Upon investigation Googles report said my site had no malware but teh shared server I was on is full of it. They were hosting hacker sites on the same machine. Nice. 426 domains were on that box. !and1 resonded by shutting the whoel box down. My websites now blacklisted and servers inoperable. THey said I got hacked. What a lie. They let it all happen.

I am still trying to transfer my DNS to new servers. 1and1 greyed out the DNS change options and has my domains in limbo "updating". I call every day and get different stories. They told me my contact info was wrong and I needed to update it. It was right but I updated it anyway. Then they said hey have to wait as I updated my info so the records would take 48 hours before I could transfer domains. Today they are telling me to stop teh domian transfer requests so they can finish updating my domains then I can transfer them. Yesterday I tried transferring 8 parked domains I dont really use to another reg. I have the auth codes and everything but all 8 transfers failed! So I went and looked and 1and1 changed every single auth code. They said they never change the auth code. What liars. Avoiding transfers out by changing auth codes so the proper requests will fail.

Looks like I need a lawyer on this one. 1and1 is getting eatn by their competition. Rumours are they are broke. I can see why. I've never dealt with bigger scammers in my life. The abuse and security teams just taunt me via email when I started support tickets. "You have virus" "lookup your own auth code" (in reponse to why did you change auth codes?) To top it off all support is Philippines.