Do not use 1and1

hazelbate's review of 1and1 www.1and1.co.uk

“Do not use 1and1”

Written on: 02/01/2013 by hazelbate (1 review written)

Our small company who help people struggling with health problems may not survive, because 1and1 refuse to allow our web domains to be transferred to another provider, even though we have done nothing wrong. First 1and1 customers got virus, as a result of which our website had to be totally rewritten. Then when we try to transfer our domains elsewhere, 1and1 claim our service provider owed 1and1 money, which they don't. 1and1 can't even supply proof they are owed money, but they still refuse to authorise our domain transfers. We are the innocent party doing our best to help others and yet our business may well be brought down, by a company which is beyond my comprehension as to what they hoping to achieve other than to hurt other businesses. We can't even fight the injustice! Why are they allowed to continue in business?

Carots's Response to hazelbate's Review

Written on: 30/05/2013

There are so many people writing bad reviews, I have contacted Watchdog!

Hazelbate's reply to Carots's Comment

Written on: 30/05/2013

Thank you for that suggestion. We finally managed to transfer our 4 domains at the beginning of April after 4 1/2 months of persistent pressure on the 3 IT companies involved, and also calling the domain companies and doing a lot of leg work myself. One of the companies threatened legal action as well against 1and1 which I believe helped (although I understand another company got judgment in court against 1and1 and they still wouldn't budge). I did try contacting Citizens Advice Trading Standards but because my domains were with 1and1 via a third party I couldn't sue 1and1, only the third party who were already being helpful. Many months of a very stressful time (plus lost business) and our business is helping people with stress!