Expensive & very poor service

BobWales's review of 1and1 www.1and1.co.uk

“Expensive and very poor service”

Written on: 21/11/2012 by BobWales (1 review written)

I've been a business customer of 1 and 1 since 2005 and every time I've had to contact them about generally small but important issues their service has been extremely lacking.

They are not quick to respond, take several time-consuming emails to understand the problem, look for ways to sell you upgrades at all stages, and generally their support team have little interest in solving an issue.

I stay with them only because I know it will take a great deal of down-time to move away. In other words they have me hostage as my business will suffer greatly without any provider should I choose to move.

My last issue was simple to solve (a rights issue to a bin directory) but took a week to get them to understand their software was wrongly configured and they still haven't fixed it.

I will update readers in the next few days to see if they can be bothered to rectify the issue. Time taken to solve so far = 1 week. In the meantime I'll let their Boss, s.gupta AT 1and1.co.uk know about this review.

I think that any business with any pride in its service should respond to such a review... let's see if 1 and 1 are such a business, or if they simply don't care.