Under hand Tactics & unfair contract terms bad news

desilva0708's review of 1and1 www.1and1.co.uk

“Under hand Tactics and unfair contract terms bad news”

Written on: 05/11/2012 by desilva0708 (1 review written)

Well iset up a web site 1 year ago played with it for about 2 weeks and never finished the web page. That was that forgot about it and moved on, untill i received a notification of invoice for a further year on the 20th October. Paypal notify me on the 31 October that a payment of 34.11 had been taken by 1 and 1 this payment was reversed by paypal as i complained and told 1 and 1 i was not interested. they told me to cancel the website which i have then they tell me I still have to pay for the year and not 1 month because thats what the contract says, even though I have cancelled the web site. So no web site and have to pay for a full year of web hosting the isnt there. I dont fancy debt collectors at my door as others have, with increased pay loads added to it. There based in Scotland and I am based in Manchester to bring court proceedings against them is difficult because it has to be done through the sherif in scotland and not before the mainland courts. So do your home work if a company is based in scotland give them a wide berth, because the UK legal system is not the same. I will pay and put this down to bad and never to reurn experience.