TERRIBLE COMMUNICATION

Guest's review of 1and1 www.1and1.co.uk

“TERRIBLE COMMUNICATION”

Written on: 02/11/2012

My domain was locked and linked to a site I didn't want it to be.

When I contacted 1&1 they said it was because I had a late fee which they had sent to an external collections agency WITHOUT EVER TELLING ME. Or asking for me to update my payment information. The reason my bill wasn't paid was because I wasn't informed that my payment was due, and had moved countries so I had closed my account. Now my domain is being held hostage until I can contact the collections agency and pay a ridiculous late fee, unlocking fee, blah, blah, blah. The SECOND I get this taken care of I am changing my domain host. 1&1 has been terrible in other ways as well, but this is the last straw.

I feel like this "not informing the customer" when a payment is going to be due is a ploy to be able to charge late fees, collection fees and everything else. Oh yeah, did I mention my website was mysteriously unlinked and they were STILL charging me?