Don't believe those negative reviews

gj_uk's review of 1and1 www.1and1.co.uk

“Don't believe those negative reviews”

Written on: 30/09/2012 by gj_uk (1 review written)

I have used 1&1 for over ten years. And whilst I would agree that sometimes the customer service can be slower than smaller web hosting firms, they are helpful.

Many of the negative reviews say things like they could not cancel or that they were billed for unwanted services or could not move their domains or some such. All this reveals is that those people probably did not use the proper cancellation method of 1&1 and the account management tools. Now, I admit that the way 1&1 does it is non-standard, but you only have to read the help file to find out the correct way of doing it.

With the new web hosting from 1&1 offering geo-redundancy your site is extremely unlikely to go down. Plus at the prices they are charging for what they are offering you will be hard pushed to find better value.

Like all web hosting companies 1&1 has it issues, but as someone who has used more than a dozen different hosts for a variety of projects I can assure you that there are some much worse hosting companies out there..!

Skip22's Response to gj_uk's Review

Written on: 31/10/2012

Nope. I contacted 1and1 and told them I don't need their service as the account was created by a company secretary without my consent. I offered to pay the initial cost for their admin time etc provided my account be cancelled and no further billing occur. Well now they are hounding me for more money and I am not going to pay. They agreed with me that they would cancel and I wouldn't be billed. I haven't even once used their service. Terrible company with no scruples who believe they can bully people into paying them money they don't deserve

Gj_Uk's reply to Skip22's Comment

Written on: 05/11/2012

Have you used the official cancellation process? If you log in at: http://contract.1and1.co.uk/ you can cancel the account and stop payments easily.